Wednesday, December 14, 2011

 

Restoration

CNN asks:
When does a pastor tainted by scandal deserve forgiveness?
They look at the case involving some black mega-churches around Atlanta but from Jim Bakker to Ted Haggard to this pastor that bled the budget I know - this is an important question.

Sadly, the discussion is not about forgiveness, really, its about allowing the pastor to hold their position, which is a different question.

Let's say you are my pastor and I give you a donation check for thousands of dollars that you cash and deposit to your personal account. You get caught. You come to me and ask for forgiveness - will I forgive you? Sure, I'll make things right between you and I, buit if I am on the ruling board of the church, at a minimum I am going to change the system so you never handle money again, might even vote you out of a job.

Fact of the matter is I am sick and tired of pastors claiming "forgiveness" as a means of holding their positions. It's political bull&*^* and has nothing whatsoever to do with God's concept of forgiveness.

God forgives us so we can change our lives - not keep them the same. This kind of stuff is the ultimate cheap grace. It shames God, it shames he church, it's just wrong!

Technorati Tags:
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory