Monday, January 09, 2012

 

And Therein Lies The Problem

MSNBC discusses the presence of "real" people in comic books. It made me sad. You see, the point of comics is to tell epic stories about epic characters - character that show us our greatest capability, and the strength to overcome our flaws. Real people are a bit different than that - many do astonishing things, but a society needs something more than astonishing.

I fell in love with comics because they called me to excellence - they took me to places I could not go and put me in circumstances beyond reality both in terms of what was, but in what could be accomplished. They were inspirational.

Now, thy appear to be current events in a pretty package. Does that really make us better?

Technorati Tags:
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory