Tuesday, February 28, 2012
- Scripture Memory Gives Us Clearer Thoughts
- Scripture Memory Gives Us Healthier Emotions
- Scripture Memory Gives Us Purer Habits
- Scripture Memory Gives Us Happier Homes
- Scripture Memory Gives Us Greater Respect
- Scripture Memory Makes Us Eternal Optimists
Save for regular prayer, I know of nothing more valuable in my walk with Christ than memorizing scripture. I am consistently amazed at when and how forcefully scripture, that is to say The Word of God, asserts itself into my day through this channel.
Not being personality prone to ecstaticism or mysticism, it is through memorized scripture that I hear "God talk to me." I think we would all be a bit better off if most of us listened to God more through this channel and a bit less with "our hearts."