Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Go Ahead - Pick A Fight
- Can I move forward without holding a grudge or being resentful in my heart? – If not, do you need to confront simply to clear your heart to be whole again?
- Will I be able to change their opinion if I confront them? – If not, then is there any value in the confrontation?
- Is it impacting other people? – If your conflict is simply between two people then what’s the urgency of the conflict. If others are affected by your disagreement, then some sense of resolution may become necessary.
- Does my heart lead me to confront? – We can’t dismiss the Spirit of God working in our life. If the issue won’t leave your mind, you need to do something.
- Am I at peace with things as they are? – If you are at complete peace and the thought of confrontation only makes you miserable, then are you sure you are supposed to confront?
There is one other point I think needs to be added. After you have done the evaluation he looks at here, take yourself out of the equation. Is the conflict really about you? - Your feelings, your hurt, your desire = then maybe God is trying to tell you to get over yourself.
Christ picked one fight. It was about destroying His father's temple. That fight led to Jesus' death. Might just want to consider that when you want to pick a fight.