Wednesday, October 31, 2012

 

Being Malleable

Adrian Warnock had the video of a sermon he heard, but gave this brief excerpt in print:
“Nothing prepares your heart to hear from God more than regular consistent fellowship with the people of God”
How true! And I think the reason should be transparent. Our greater purpose is not for ourselves, but for those around us. COnsider the words of Paul:
1 Cor 14:4-5 - One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself; but one who prophesies edifies the church. Now I wish that you all spoke in tongues, but {even} more that you would prophesy; and greater is one who prophesies than one who speaks in tongues...
In other words it is greater to edify the body than oneself. When we limit our life with God to something merely "personal," we limit the true power that God has for us. God' essential message to us is a message of selflessness. Can we possible hear such a message when we are alone? To be concerned about other we must be around them. I also know that in my life I have never heard God more clearly then when He spoke to me through someone else. Not always the preacher - sometimes my wife, or a friend, or just the person next to me in the pew. I just know that is how I have always most unmistakeably heard His voice. I have to be around them to hear it.
Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory