Thursday, October 11, 2012

 

LISTEN!

Adrian Warnock quotes Ron Edmondson - I will use Edmondson's three points about listening to God:

I think it is the last point that matters most to me. I have had so many people tell me that God told them something. The question for me is always how to verify that. I think obedience is a key.

God has spoken to us of many things through scripture and tradition. If you want me to believe God has given you a new of definitive revelation about something, one way I can verify your claim is by seeing obedience to the revelation we all share in your life.

Personally, that's why I make no claims to special revelation - I haven't gotten the common stuff right yet.

Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory