Monday, January 14, 2013

 

Ugly Christianity

Jon Acuff wrote last Easter about direct mail Easter card from a church that was totally tasteless:

I started to write about how being correct does not give us the right toe be offensive, but then it dawned on me that Jesus was pretty offensive to a lot of people - powerful people as a matter of fact. So offensive that it got him killed.

But then it occurred to me that He is Jesus and I most assuredly am not. I cannot offend people with the assurance that it will all work out in the end that He could. I cannot know the heart of those that I offend as Christ did.
Under such circumstance, can I rely on offense as a tool of communication? I don't think so.
Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory