Monday, February 25, 2013

 

Add Beauty

Mark Roberts:
But, even if you and I are not gifted in architecture and other artistic fields, we can still imitate the God who created beauty. We have the opportunity to make this world more beautiful in humble and seemingly commonplace ways. In so doing, we can honor God and reflect his creation of beauty. In the fitting words of singer-songwriter Sara Groves, you and I can "add to the beauty" of the world in countless ways.

I think, for example, of my wife's rose bushes.
I am sure the roses were lovely, but as someone very adept at killing roses, I got to thinking about a way that all of us can add beauty - by allowing the Holy Spirit to work in our lives.

Of late, I am struck by how ugly the world is sometimes not becasue or art or architecture, but because of people. It is ugly to jostle for a place in line at the store; it is ugly when people cut you off in traffic; it is ugly when people talk in movies - I could go on and on and on and on. The world would be a much more beautiful place if all of us let God in just enough to fix that kind of stuff about us. If we all learned how to count others more important than ourselves in even just the little ways.

Some days I think that would be the greatest beauty in the world.
Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory