Tuesday, March 26, 2013

 

God's TSA

Mark Roberts looks at Psalms 139:23-24:
Then Psalm 139 takes another unexpected turn, concluding with a prayer for the Lord to examine David’s heart: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life” (139:23-24). Perhaps David realized that his hatred exceeded an appropriate zeal for justice.

Perhaps he remembered that, like his enemies, he had done things that dishonored the Lord. So he invited God to search him and reveal anything offensive. The implied understanding is that David would repent of those sins in order that God might “lead [him] along the path of everlasting life” (139:24).

I need God to search me in this way. Don’t you? Though a part of me resists dealing with what is wrong in my heart, I know that I need to see my sin as God sees it, so that I might confess and be forgiven, and so that I might turn from my sin to follow the Lord more completely.

How offended do most of us get at being searched at the airport? I wonder if we have the same reaction when being searched by God?

Why is it offensive? Is God a stranger? If so that needs to be fixed. Do you not trust God? If so you need faith. None of the reasons that apply to our issues with the TSA, apply in any situation with God. If they do, then you do not have God figured out just yet.
Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory