Tuesday, May 07, 2013

 

Following on a theme

Chaplain Mike responded to what we looked at recently about "worship highs":
But where in the Bible or in the wise counsels of the saints over the centuries do you find that a regular pattern of ecstatic encounters with God is the recommended path to spiritual formation and maturity?
When I read his phrase "ecstatic encounters" it dawned on me what we have become - Pentecostalism Lite. All the ecstasy, none of the Holy Spirit.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the oft used phrase in Bible Study, "What does that passage mean to you?" You know, most Bible passages I read are not about me - they are about God. Ecstatic encounters like those described are about me, not God.

WORSHIP should be the time when we most focus on God, not least. Isn't that the very definition of worship?

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory