Tuesday, June 25, 2013

 

That Whole Pot/Kettle Thing

David Mathis @ DG continues banging on Catholics. We looked at a post he did earlier on this and this is another one. In this case he is pointing out the Vatican II did not turn Catholics into Protestants, even if it did "make things better." - gee, there is a shock.
You know, I could not help but think about this:
Matt 7:3-5 - "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
The line between disagree and judge is a fine on, and I think Mathis has crossed it with these posts on Catholicism. It is truly unbecoming of a web site that has come to be so important and from which I draw a great deal of learning and inspiration.

Like Mr. Mathis, I disagree with some Catholic thought, but they remain my Christian brethren. Mr. Mathis seems to think otherwise, and is quite graceless in his declarations of that assessment. Yes, I disagree with Mr. Mathis assessment, but I condemn his gracelessness.




|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory