Saturday, July 20, 2013

 

Comic Art

So Bad, They're Good
Special, I Guess They Wouldn't "Get It" Edition



So, I'm researching the next bad guy for this bi-weekly feature and I run into stories like this and this explaining who that guy was that showed up in the "Easter egg" after part of the credits in last summers Avengers movie.

Now, if you attended the initial screening I did - you would have know because I shouted his name out instantly when I saw him. If you read this space routinely, you's know because, well, you'd be smarter than the average comic person. SO, I guess at first it struck me as odd that some journalist would have to go out of the way to explain it. But then I guess I am not your average attender of these movies.

Sometime I forget that even people that attend the films and are reasonable comic fans are not serious comic fans. Sure they read them when they were kids and sure they may have had a moderate pile in their room when they went off to college. Thus they know who the Avengers are and they feel at home with the characters. But my pile, which still grows, could hardly be described as "moderate."
I have actually been told by more than one specialty comic retailer that my collection exceeds their inventory. Does that make me a geek?

Anyway, back to ther hidden baddie - THANOS. He would not have been my first choice for the next Avengers villain (think Kang, time travel, a multi-movie deal and a chance to explore different Avengers line-ups) but Thanos is a fine choice. Given that the is a Guardians of the Galaxy tie-in (Latest incarnation, not the guardians of my youth) one must wonder if the Infinity Gauntlet is in the mix. (If you don't know what that is, look it up, it;s well worth it.) And if the IG is involved is Adam Warlock anywhere around. Warlock is my absolute favorite of the obscure types in the Marvel Universe.

Here's hopin'










|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory