Friday, July 19, 2013
1. The midsize congregation will disappear.I look at that and I see two basic trends - church more to be consumed than participated in and church giving up its cultural influence. (It takes something as big as as a denomination to really influence culture.) I think this picture is accurate and I don't much like it.
2. An explosion of satellite campuses and microchurches
3. A small number of cutting-edge megachurches led by amazingly talented communicators.
4. No denominations.
5. America will have about 200 well-known preachers by 2062.
6. More money spent on mission.
7. We’ll need a lot fewer preachers.
8. We’ll need a lot more campus pastors.
9. Small group ministry will be more important in 60 years than it is today.
10. Microchurches and megachurches will cooperate for programs like youth and children’s ministries across cities.
What to do? I think get even smaller. Christ changed the world by developing the RIGHT leaders. We need to get serious about choosing people and we need to get serious about training them to lead.