Tuesday, November 26, 2013

 

Funny Ministry Language, Really

I concluded yesterday's post by saying I could not tell whether the humor of the post I linked to was designed to celebrate or provide correction. Out of Ur had a post that was clearly designed to be funny and to provide correction. It's an infographic sort of thing and I am sure I cannot reprint without permission so you'll have to follow the link. It is new definition of "ministry words." It is honestly funny and manages to illustrate in the effort some of the weaker points of ministry. I'll retype one example:
twagedy: A dismissive tweet that inadvertently sends your theological rival's book to the top of the bestsellers list.
Can you see the difference between that and what we looked at yesterday? This humor is self-aimed, not other aimed, and as such it points out several problems in a loving and funny way.

Humor is a dangerous weapon, we must learn to use it with care and wisdom.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory