Tuesday, May 20, 2014

 

Hugs

Mark Roberts looks at Mark 1:11 and concludes:
You and I will probably never hear a voice like Jesus on that momentous day. But we too can know who we are in a way that encourages us and calls us. Romans 8 affirms that because of Jesus, we are beloved children of God. Confident in the love of our Heavenly Father, we can live boldly for his purposes, serving him in every facet of our lives. In this way we, like Jesus, can bring great joy to our Father.
Mark intends that to be uplifting and encouraging, but I find it humbling. I am truly unworthy of such status. But then maybe not.

Note the particular phrase there, "beloved children of God." Maybe rather than be broken by the love, that's the way to think of it. A child just absorbs love, but they also know they are not yet ready for the adult world.

God's love in all encompassing like when my mother would hug me so hard I thought I was being smothered, but such a hug does not empower, It reminds me that I am small enough to be hugged so, and that I need such hugs badly.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory