Tuesday, July 15, 2014

 

Necessary and Sufficient Conditions

Mark Daniels:
Through the years, one of the most common things I’ve heard Christians say--or caught myself thinking--is this: “I wish I had more faith.” Many times, this is the expression of a real Christian desire.

But, other times, let’s be honest, those words are an excuse.

“I would forgive X, if I had more faith.”

“I would do more for the poor, if I had more faith.”

“I would love others as God has loved me, if I had more faith.”

“I would share the good news of new life for all who turn from sin and believe in Jesus, if I had more faith.”

People who otherwise proudly assert their maturity and competence to live grown-up lives, claim that their faith is too small and too immature to do what God calls every believer in Jesus Christ to do, to live as His disciples.

The unspoken conclusion of our “I wish I had more faith” statements is often really, “And since my faith is too small, I’m going to just ignore God’s will for my life.”

One of the biggest reasons that the Church is not fulfilling the only mission Jesus Christ has given to it--to make disciples--is that we in the Church, who are quick to turn to God when we get into scrapes, in our sinful hearts, don’t want to do what our Lord has commanded us.
Amen and Amen!

Read the whole thing.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory