Tuesday, November 04, 2014

 

Priorities

Godspace wonders about finding priorities and finding time alone.
He goes on to suggest that living from the heart can only come from a heart that has tasted how good the Lord is and how energizing it can be to be still before the Lord.

I find that my own heart aches for this kind of priority. I have indeed tasted how good the Lord is and want spiritual priorities to become progressively more dominant, but when I am busy I must confess that this does not happen. Work not God so easily becomes my priority.
There is real wisdom here, but I find it odd to talk about this in terms of "priorities." You see, making quiet contemplative time with God a "priority" indicates that we, somehow, have control over this thing, and that means we are not letting Jesus be Lord of our life.

Priorities we set - God is not an option.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory