Tuesday, August 18, 2015

 

Do Not Take God For Granted

Dan Delzell @ CP gets this exactly wrong:
The supernatural becomes natural for the believer. But to those who persist in unbelief, the love of God remains a mystery. (see Acts 28:24) And the Lord's plan of salvation remains distant and confusing.
The more I know of God, the more I know of my state as a sinner and the more I understand, truly, what Christ did for me the more my friendship with Christ is not one of familiarity, but respect. There is nothing natural in the supernatural and if we act like it is, we lose perspective on the "already, not yet" and just live in the already - a state the feeds our own sinful desires.

We are indeed privileged to call Jesus "friend," but that in no ways implies equality or undue familiarity.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory