Thursday, August 20, 2015

 

Submission

Mark Roberts:
I’m not suggesting that the Greek verb hypotassō should be translated in this way. But I am saying that we will grasp the practical meaning of Ephesians 5:21 if we understand it to say, “Follow the leadership of one another, out of reverence for Christ.”
Growing as a Christian is an art, not a science. It is something that can only be apprenticed, not taught. It is not so much a matter of ideas as a matter of an approach to everything and a way of life. What Mark is driving at here makes a lot of sense.

But my life is littered with people to whom I tried to apprentice myself that the proved not to be up to the task. I think we are indeed supposed to submit to leadership, but that also means we have to be leaders worthy of it. Too often, more often than not, we are not.

This is, I believe, the great failing of the church today.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory