Monday, April 14, 2008
CHECK THIS OUT!!!!
If the medium affects the message, how will the Christian message be affected by the new media?Business, personal, and blogging commitments do not permit me to address this question to the depth that it richly deserves, but let me encourage you to take a look at the symposium and the prizes and join in the fun. And having said that, let me throw out some bullet points on what I think and encourage Blogotional readers to perhaps take them up as theses for their entries in the symposium
- The question is not well formed. Christianity is more than just "message." That being said; however, how we present our ideas affects the results of the presentation, but it is the results that REALLY matter.
- Blogging seems amplify ignorance, prejudice, and just plain bad thinking as much as it does the good stuff, at least within ignorant, prejudiced, and poor-thinking circles.
- Blogging is a poor substitute for a relationship; remember, God incarnated
- Ideas don't change people, the Holy Spirit does
- It is much harder to be graceful in writing