Wednesday, February 23, 2005

 

Theological Perspective

Yesterday. I posted on comments from Amy's Humble Musings and John Piper concerning some recent work by George Barna. Barna was introducing data that "theology matters." I agreed.

My more perceptive readers will recall that on Monday, I somewhat downplayed the idea that "theology matters" when it comes to evangelizing Muslims.

Contradiction? I think not. I think my post of last Saturday said it all. Theology is for the community of faith. Any Christian should, no must, take the time to think about what they believe about God.

But when it comes to evangelism, we are simply introducing someone to a Savior. We should not complicate matters by insisting that someone ascent to a specifc way of thinking about God. Let God guide them as they mature in their relationship to Him.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory