Wednesday, March 02, 2005

 

A Life Continues -- Terri Schiavo Today

Blogs for Terri remains the place to go for all the latest. The judge will not hear anything but about her death. That's the bad news.

Digital Brown Pajams posts some stuff those following closely have seen before, but it always good to be reminded.

WorldNetDaily carries a piece examining how poorly Terri has been cared for at the hospice where she resides.

Wittenberg Gate carries the third Bloggers Best as well as a great post on what a new-age guru-following imbecile the "husband"'s attoney is.

Please forgive me for the rather insulting language I am using regarding this situation, but it just brings out the worst in me.

Finally, I want to quote a comment I got a couple of days ago:
I visit a woman at a nursing home in this condition (no one is trying to kill her, however). These noises heard in the 5 min. video sound exactly like what I hear. She is quiet with strangers and makes no effort. It is communication, not frustration. Regular volunteers know how to interpret happiness, excitement, anger, wet, hungry, etc. (She has had a tube for 30 years.) Sometimes crying means she just wants to listen to her favorite soap opera.

Obviously, Terri is seriously disabled, but she is loved and has people willing to take care of her. Thousands of people are not that fortunate. I'm not the least bit concerned that a court order was ignored.
Thanks Norma for sharing. How right you are.


A note on legalities. I have taken a limited look into the legal history of this situation, it is terribly convoluted. I understand how we arrived at this situation as a purely legal matter, and I do not entirely fault the actions that have been taken to date.

However, it is a matter of enormous shame for our legal system that it cannot look at where we are today, this minute, and execute JUSTICE rather than mere legalities.

It is my opinion that Judge Greer is simply a coward. Fearing condemnation for rendering actual judgement, he relies on the only legal, though tenuously supported, claim to authority (Michael's marriage to Terri) and simply grants that authority's wish. (Pardon me while I get crude again) Would that he would grow a pair. Just for a day.

Pray For Terri. That is an irresitable power.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory