Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 

Too Late

I reported yesterday that the UAW had snubbed Marine Corps reservists. Well, amidst a storm of criticism they have backed-off. (HT: BOTWT) In classic military fashion the Marines have decided to park elsewhere.
Wounded by what they consider an unpatriotic ambush, the Marines rejected the union's olive branch and secured an alternative parking lot.

"I talked to Ron; I let him know that I understand he has rescinded his decision," said Lt. Col. Joe Rutledge, a top-ranking officer at the reserve infantry rifle battalion. "However, I've made my decision -- either you support the Marines or you don't."
Military people understand the importance of getting it right the first time. It's a little late to put on the body armor, after you've been hit.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory