Saturday, May 07, 2005

 

More Gratuity

The edict has yet to be rescinded, so this post in mandatory. For those of you new to this game, a reminder. My mother's maiden name is Salmon -- my middle name is Salmon -- my company's name is Salmon & Schroeder; therefore, we link to anything we find having to do with...salmon. It's a fish thing.

Fell free to play along -- send those links in emails or comments.

Thursday, we learned that the salmon run on the Columbia River this year appears to be low. The article we read on Thursday said the low run was not the fault of sea lions enjoying the salmon buffet provided by the Bonneville Dam fish ladder. (I have been to that fish ladder, it's a really cool way to waste some time watching fish, particularly salmon. )

Today; however, we learn that "officials" are using firecrackers to scare away the sea lions that are not the problem with the salmon. This is. of course, purely specieist, promoting salmon over sea lions for no other reason than they are salmon. But I should not complain, I like salmon since my middle name is Salmon.

And now, the salmon in my head demands that I post this

This whole think may strike some of you as rather fishy. It's really a salmon occasion.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory