Monday, February 06, 2006

 

Making Lemonade

Mark Daniels posted an old sermon over the weekend.
Peace is not the absence of trouble. Peace is having Jesus at the center of your life, fortifying you to face life?s troubles and to share Jesus? love with others even in the midst of trouble.
Which put me in mind of something I wrote last week:
I am struck by the fact that healed is not the same as perfected. Ultimately we will be perfected, but for now, we can only be healed, scars and all. Sometimes those scars will hurt. How I long for the day God not only heals, but perfects me. How I long for the day the scars won't hurt anymore.
You ever build something - like a house? The process is almost as much destructive as it is constructive. You have to tear things down to make room for the new. You must destroy in order to recreate.

We don't notice it so much when we have made up our minds. You remodel your kitchen, all you think about is the new cabinets. You barely notice the destruction of the old ones. I think that is what Mark is talking about when he talks about trouble and peace.

Jesus is in the process of perfecting us. To do that he has to tear some of us down. Peace means focusing on the result not the process.

Related Tags: , , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory