Friday, December 22, 2006

 

God's Providence Is Real!

About six weeks ago, our church made a very controversial decision. We cancelled services this Sunday morning becasue it was, after all, Christmas Eve, and "busy people on a busy holiday will not want to go to church in the morning and come back again that night for Christmas Eve services." As someone very much looking forward to attending church twice that day, I was a little upset. Also because I have an engrained objection to ever lowering the demands Christ places upon His people.

Now, I referred yesterday to a very nearby church fire resulting in the total destruction of the church building. The church of which my wife and I are a part is about the same 500 feet from the church that burned that we are (yes, we live across the street from church, it's a rough commute.)

Well, yesterday we arranged for both congregations that were burned out (it housed two congregations) to conduct Christmas Eve services in our facility on Sunday morning! We will also be hosting those congregations for a sweets and coffee reception around lunch time.

I guess I can forgive some of our church leadership for being a bit lazy in their committment to Christ, since they will now be working like dogs (as will a lot of the rest of us) to make this work. Funny how God managed to solve our neighbors problems, and what I perceived as our problem at the same time.

We do worship a great God.

Related Tags: ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory