Thursday, February 03, 2005

 

Outrage! Outrage! Outrage!

I continue to marvel at the lack of Christian outrage at the atrocity of Iraqi "insurgents" using a down syndrome boy as a bomb during the elections. Oh, there is a lot of comment on it to be sure, but I am having a hard time finding Christian condemnation of this evil. I have posted on it here and here, but to date, I have only found Duckwriter who has found his condemning voice.

The greatest shame the protestant church has experienced in its existence is its relative silence in the face of the spreading nazi plague. There was only one Dietrich Bonhoeffer when there should have been hundreds, even thousands.

I know, I know -- almost all of us in the evangelical movement support the war, we support Iraqi democracy, but that does not take the place of the necessary utter condemnation of atrocities like this one.

Please, join me. Please!

UPDATE: Finally, (4:45PM this date) some Christian posting on this issue.

Here's A Little About Everything
Here's Brutally Honest
Here's Jeff Blogworthy

Let's keep 'em coming!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory